Who knew something so pretty could be so good for you?
What is golden milk?
It's so simple. Turmeric and milk (dairy or nut) are the key ingredients, but as always, I like to spice things up by adding in more. Turmeric contains compounds with anti-inflammatory benefits and is a strong antioxidant. It is way more complex than that but we will keep it simple.
- 1 cup milk (I use homemade sprouted cashew milk)
- ½-1 tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- pinch of black pepper
- ½-1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp coconut butter or grass-fed butter (I use Artisana Organics Coconut Butter)
- 1 scoop collagen (I use Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides)
- add milk to a pot and place on the stovetop on low-medium heat. Steam for ~5-7 minutes lowering the temperature as needed. Make sure not to bring liquid to a boil.
- add all ingredients into a blender while milk is steaming.
- once the milk is done steaming, pour it into the blender with the other ingredients.
- blend for 2-3 minutes or until frothy.
- pour it up, pour it up!
I hope you love it a latte!